Monday, July 26, 2010

Warning: blogging with exhaustion can cause confusion

After going back and re-reading my last blog entry, I can see that trying to put a blog together late at night after kids are in bed, after a 5 day trip (within a 5 week trip), is just not a good idea.  I guess what I was trying to say was Laura and I are incredibly blessed to have our 3 wonderful children with us on this experience - we wouldn't have it any other way - but we are in need of a "parent sabbatical"!  We have a sitter coming tomorrow night so we can go out to dinner - yeah! 
My reflection tied to faith is this:  We took on this adventure knowing full well it was going to be challenging at times with the "youngness" of our children.  It has caused some stress and the alteration of some of our original dreams/plans; but it is still a wonderful experience which will truly shape our family for the good for a long time!  So I wonder am I willing to take on "faith adventures" that will help me grow deeper in my faith, but yet surely will cause some stress/disruption of my plans or hopes?  Or do I just stick with the same old, same old, safe routine.  As I always say: "If you want an omelet, you have to crack some eggs".  And so I wonder for my faith: am I cracking enough eggs???  And so the pondering continues...as we enjoy our delicious Scottish Omelet!